The body is a complex system that needs the right amount of proper substances to function. Eating well and taking care of your body are ways that you can do to achieve the right amount of nutrients you need. But then, is it enough?
There’s good news, though. Gone are the days when IV therapy treatments are only available for hospital patients. Now, even a healthy person who wants to use it can do so and get more nutrients for their body.
When you’re low on energy at the end of the day, IV therapy treatment can help you with your problem. It can help you replenish the vitamins the body needs. Let’s dive deeper into how this kind of therapy can help you improve your energy levels.
WHAT IS AN IV THERAPY TREATMENT?
This therapy treatment is a delivery method for medication. “IV” stands for intravenous, which means that the fluid is administered through the veins. This liquid that is distributed inside a patient’s body contains vitamins and minerals.
The IV therapy treatment can be done through an IV drip or through injection. This allows the fluid to move quickly through your bloodstream. IV therapy can be administered by a licensed healthcare professional for a variety of reasons. It can also address symptoms relating to conditions like cold, flu, and morning sickness.
Most people experience low energy levels because of their daily lives demands. Taking the kids to school or to their soccer practice and traveling for business may just be some of the many reasons. These activities are enough to drain energy levels, leaving you feeling sapped from your much-needed vigor and focus.
The stressors in our daily lives can impact how our bodies function. Several of these factors which contribute to low energy levels are:
- Certain illnesses
- Insufficient sleep
- Low levels of B12
- Electrolyte imbalances
- Neurological conditions
- Thyroid conditions
This treatment is a straightforward procedure since your doctor only requires administering the fluid through an IV drip or injection. Regardless of what type of IV therapy that you will receive, the process is pretty uniform. Before undergoing your therapy, your nurse or doctor will orient you about the method.
You will be seated somewhere comfortable during the therapy. The nurse will disinfect the site where the fluid will be injected and place a needle directly into your vein. In some cases, the IV fluid can be injected into other parts of your body, but it is typically placed in the arm.
INSIDE AN IV BAG
The liquids inside an IV bag depend on the therapy that you are undergoing. Intravenous solutions commonly contain:
-Saline: The saline solution is the base ingredient of an IV bag. It is made up of water and sodium chloride. It serves as a delivery system for other components of your IV drip bag. This solution also helps you hydrate your body.
-Dextrose: Your IV drip bag also contains dextrose that is a type of sugar. This is good for you as it is used to normalize your blood sugar levels.
-Lactated Ringer’s: Lactated Ringer’s is an IV solution that contains water, calcium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, and sodium lactate. Like saline solution, the Lactated Ringer’s can also be used as a delivery system for other ingredients.
HOW DOES IV INCREASE ENERGY LEVELS?
Whenever you are low in energy, you would usually grab a cup of coffee to keep us awake while at work. Caffeine actually blocks the brain’s adenosine receptors to prevent them from giving off the signal to rest. It is a great way to keep you awake. The same goes with an infusion of vitamins and fluids. It can also produce the same results and a more sustainable energy increase.
By injecting IV drip solution into your body, it can elevate your body’s energy levels. This leads to various health benefits such as:
- Becoming more focused and productive at work
- Manage stress and respond better to challenges
- Regulates your mood
- Uninterrupted sleep
- Loose unwanted weight
- It gives your skin a youthful and healthy glow
- Strengthens your immune system.
OPTIONS FOR IV DRIP THERAPY
If you ever decide to get IV drip therapy, you need to know that different IV drip bags are specialized for your needs. Some of the available IV drip bags that you can choose from are:
- BR+ NAD-Brain Restoration Plus: This IV drip bag is a highly concentrated formula that includes a potent brain restoration mixture used to treat aging issues, anxiety, and depression, and also chronic fatigue.
- Myer’s cocktail: This formula has a potent mixture of vitamins and minerals which re-energizes and restores your body. This solution also treats chronic pain, aging, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Glutathione antioxidant infusion: The glutathione antioxidant infusion is packed with amino acids that wards off damage to your cells through free radicals, heavy metals, and peroxides. It also boosts your immune system while also improving your skin texture. It increases your energy levels and also reduces fatigue as well.
COMMON USES OF INTRAVENOUS THERAPY
- Hangover relief: A hangover IV drip therapy can help you rehydrate your body when you got a bad hangover. Vitamins and medication will help reduce the painful symptoms of nausea, heartburn, and headache.
- Athletic performance recovery: Using athletic performance recovery has several components specially formulated for athletes for their recovery period. Fluids will rehydrate your body, while vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids can help improve energy levels and repair any tissue damage.
- Cold and flu relief: IV drips can also be used to ease you from your cold and flu. It helps you stay hydrated, and it also contains vitamins and minerals to strengthen your immune system.
- Pregnancy symptom alleviation: IV drip bags are also specially formulated for pregnant women experiencing morning sickness. It is developed to help pregnant women stay hydrated and reduce the effects of morning sickness.
If you’re suffering from low energy levels and have difficulty getting through the day, you need a better solution than just drinking coffee. You can book an appointment in a licensed clinic like Affinity Well Spa that provides the right IV therapy treatment for you.
IV drip therapy treatments benefit many people— whether it provides you essential nutrients that you need to improve your life and health or by simply making you feel better.